Great company in retail

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Denver, CO (US)
Current Employee - Teacher in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Retail is a less then desirable field but its nice to find a company that makes the field easy to live in. Great benefits for a retailer especially in a time when most are cutting benefits to save money.

Cons

Retail is retail, hours are long and change every week. Review is for the retail division, opportunity to advance is rare. Recruitment focuses outside the company not at promoting within.

When possible set hours helps especially if you can. Not giving a set schedule just because you don't want them to get used to it.

Other Reviews for Microsoft

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, great pay & benefits. The management on my team is phenomenal at recognizing the strengths of each individual and giving assignments based on those. I really like being able to work from home when I need. Additionally, I haven't been forced to work nights or weekends once my entire career.

Cons

I don't really like living in Redmond, and there aren't too many opportunities to work in other cities if you are a technical engineer.

A wonderful company to be a part of.

Former Employee - Desktop Support Engineer  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Engineer in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open and friendly environment. Access to technology and outstanding resources. Great oportunity to work alongside with the greatest minds of the IT Industry. Strong commitment to Work/Life Balance.
    Recognition. These are just some of the things I can say and that I've experienced from working in MSFT Support.

Cons

I can't think of anything to say on this matter. Except maybe that it does not have any cons. Best Place to Work awards several years in a row make my point.

I never, at any time, felt I was mislead as to what my objectives were in Microsoft. From day one we all knew what we were working to achieve. I can say that, in my opinion, Management was both a helping hand and someone that recognizes when you've done a good job. Probably the best people I've ever worked for.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!