Cutting edge technology, fast pace and tons of learning opportunities,

Current Employee - Various  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
Current Employee - Various in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having worked for a few different tech companies in various positions, I have to say the laser focus of the owners and upper management really make this place special. Yes, there are long hours, yes there are some issues with difficult customers and glitches in the products, but it is not outside the norm for a growing company. For the most part, the customers love the products, and continue to invest in the new stuff Milestone creates. For this hospitality market, the learning opportunities are pretty amazing.

Cons

Long hours sometimes, growth creates a little chaos, some managers and staff are overworked, but who isn't these days? The negative reviews of others, i think, are really outside the norm...some good points, but it is not a crazy place to avoid by any means.

More vacation time, looser work hours [from home? maybe], please?

Other Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

Too many clients

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training and experience gained, a little too great. The knowledge that will be imparted to you at an entry level is great, you will come out of this job being an SEO expert.

Cons

The workload is way too much. The amount of accounts that must be juggled in a given week is ridiculous.

Not a great company - but great coworkers

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

The other account managers are very nice and friendly. These guys are SEO rockstars! You'll make some great friends while you refine your trade.

Cons

* Upper Management is very strict with their Account Managers.

* You will be expected to always keep office hours, don't think about skipping out on Friday at 4:45... you're not allowed.

* You'll be expected to work more than 40 hours a week. On a salary pay, this is fine except they don't let you acquire comp hours.

* The work can be very repetitive at times. Filling out the exact same ROI report for 50 accounts, doing the same linkbuilding for 50 plus accounts, and so forth.

* There are LOTS of meetings!

* The bay area is full of jobs with lots of cool perks, gym memberships, free food, etc... this isn't one of them. They occasionally do little parties, but the culture there is so "Forced" it didn't really feel natural or fun (At least for me)

* Super high turn over! Seriously have never seen people move in and out of a job so fast. Management will tell you that these people couldn't cut it.. and that makes you more dedicated than they are, blah blah, blah. Management (Benu) will often tell you just how lucky you are to be working there and given SO many opportunities! For me, I had trouble drinking the kool aid, but maybe that works for some folks.

* There is some serious favoritism going on here. I've always been a very hard worker, but never a cool kid. So I was never on the "Dream team". Not being bitter here, it just seemed a little high schoolish.

* So about half way into my time at Milestone, the CEO brought in a "Leadership Skills Trainer". This consisted of a series of lectures on how to be an effective leader. The presenter came in something like once a week, for 6 weeks, for a 3-4 hour presentation each time. This in itself is a good thing to do for your employees. The problem is they paid for about 25 account managers to attend, but they had 30 account managers on staff. So myself, and 4 others were told that we simply didn't possess any leadership ability at the time, but maybe down the road there would be other opportunities to prove our leadership. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to have almost the ENTIRE company in a room for a presentation that you were deemed not worthy to sit in? It's very uncomfortable.... That's when I decided to quit.

It would help with turnover if you built a less stressful culture for the account managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing.

Worked for Milestone Internet Marketing? Contribute to the Community!