MoneyGram International
www.moneygram.com Minneapolis, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Loved what I did and the team I worked on; hated my experience with HR and the corporate BS.

Compliance Analyst (Current Employee)
Brooklyn Center, MN (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International

ProsMGI is an industry leader and appears to be stabelizing. They claim to be growing and provide satisfactory benefits and competetive pay.

ConsAbout 2 months after I was hired HR contacted me and informed me that my offer had contained an error in that my bonus should be 5% instead of the 10% I had accepted. Through some negotiation I was able to obtain a one-time bonus payment and the bonus percent was reduced to the pay grade standard of 5%.

MGI's compliace department is going through a major transition in that the vast majority of the compliance teams are being moved to Dallas, TX. This may make sense in an organizational structure type of way, but the transition and leadership plan is anything but smooth. It's as if the decision makers didn't realize how much of an undertaking it would be to transition over 100 positions to a new location where I would venture to guess less than 10% of the employees were offered or accepted relocation. Talk about reinventing the wheel. The communication throughout the process left a lot to be desired and the decision to move operations came as a shock to everyone, even some senior leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think training in empathy would be beneficial. Ending a meeting where dozens of people had just been informed that their jobs were no longer available with "but we are really excited in the direction MoneyGram is headed" is a little insensitive, to say the least. I think it displays a huge disconnect between senior leaders and the people who are truly running the compliance operations. Without is, your job would be insanely difficult, and I think you're beginning to see that as people leave and replacements are hard to come by. You made your bed, and I don't have a single ounce of sympathy for you.

A place of uncertainty.

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros: The benefit package that's available is pretty good. New hires… Cons: Everything is changing so swiftly within the company, it is… Advice to Senior Management: Openly communicate with your employees, the sooner the better. All employees are aware of the changes that is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a forward thinking company, always two steps behind.

Fraud Analyst (Current Employee)
Lakewood, CO (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros: I enjoyed my co wokers and modern buildings. They… Cons: poor communication with employees. No advancement opportunintes. They do… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employee and offer more advancement opportunites. Invest to techolongly fpr the organzation.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MoneyGram International.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MoneyGram International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MoneyGram International CEO Pamela H. Patsley. All reviews posted anonymously by MoneyGram International employees.