MoneyGram International

www.moneygram.com

This place is a cluster of epic proportions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN (US)

ProsThe pay is good, and the health benefits are "competitive". Every day, there's a team buying lunch, so just hang around till 1:00pm and you'll eat for free. Every. Day.

ConsThere is absolutely no accountability. There are so many departments and pockets of management that if/when something does break, it's a group problem.

If you start something, and you don't feel like finishing it, just stop talking about it. It goes away naturally. You don't have to finish anything, ever.

You'll see people who have been working there for 10+ years. You might think that they are still there because of their adaptability to change. Wrong. Their number 1 goal is status quo.

If you are right out of college, stay away. You'll develop the absolute worst habits. You'll have the following permanently imprinted into your brain: That's not my job <or> That's the way we've always done it.

As far as learning good habits or a good approach to development or testing, forget about it. You had more process in your senior design group......in high school. I guarantee it. It's the wild west.

You may be thinking you can change this, that you're level headed and can guide them to the light. Unfortunately, change requires you to work across all of the useless departments they have. Those departments are a) ultra protective of what they do, and b) won't help (see above note on "not my job"). Basically, not only will they not help you, but they'll in fact prevent you from trying to change anything. See note above on maintaining status quo.

They waste money. From food to unused software licenses to unnecessary travel.

It is a revolving door of resignations of people at Lead position or below. It has slowed a little bit, but that's because the bonus is right around the corner.

It's almost worth working there, just to see the show. On second thought, this last statement may belong up under "pros".

Advice to Senior ManagementMost people in Director and VP roles were replaced in the last 2 years so that change could happen. People in Lead positions and below quit out of frustration. The people in the middle -- managers and "senior" managers -- are the ones who set the tone. Not coincidentally, they're also the ones that have been there the longest.

You want change? Get rid of those piano tuners.

very disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brooklyn Center, MN (US)

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time

Pros: salary and benefits were pretty good Cons: Very high stress company/culture. Management is out of reach.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer and employee focused

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lakewood, CO (US)

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The first few years of employment, I definitely had a good sense that the company was customer and employee focused. They did a lot… Cons: Company underwent various reorganizations so focus and structure has altered… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MoneyGram International.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!