Employee

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Guildford, England
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Guildford, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very advanced employer, great on marketing, social recruitment, excellent training programme.

Cons

Starting to change to become too KPI focused, business model moving to be more like a REED employment sadly.

Advice to Management

Don't become a REED hold onto that high quality independent agency culture - you will attract more experienced consultants that way.

reviews filtered by

Small company that thinks it's a big company

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bristol, England

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great I.T. good systems to work on and run by people interested in making a difference to your job Really good marketing department with good ideas that supported the business.

Cons

Morgan McKinley wants to be like Michael Page, Robert Half, Badenoch and Clarke or Investigo. The problem is that as they don't have the ability to persuade large stellar clients to recruit on their behalf then the very best candidates only come to Morgan McKinley as maybe their 8th or 9th choice if at all. The recruitment consultants are mostly supposed to find vacancies for themselves by representing the odd decent candidate they manage to meet to everyone in their local area. When a company is interested in the candidate they usually also need a comparison for interview. This is really when Morgan McKinley just cannot compete, as the bigger and better agencies have all those candidates.
    It's chicken and egg but they have no chance in a job market that is flooded by good candidates while they still don't have the candidates.
    They base success on other company achievement and "performance manage" to those standards. There is no useful advice when a consultant fails. There is massive staff turnover.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be something you aren't. Grow slowly and treat people fairly. Try to keep staff. Getting graduates to do a difficult sales role isn't fair if even experienced staff can't meet your expectations.

2. Consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley

Pros

Excellent training. Positive atmosphere, very team orientated. Management make you feel appreciated.

Cons

Can't think of any... Genuinely