Morningstar
www.morningstar.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great people, good work life balance.

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Morningstar full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLoads of great people, lots of opportunities, good products, good work life balance. Joe Mansueto a genuinely inspirational chap.

Cons- International growth is curtailed a little by decision makers lack of international experience (we say 'global', but we don't really do it as well as we could).
- What is up with the US weighted benefit system! I want my sabbatical!

Advice to Senior ManagementCost consciousness is sensible and inevitable in the current climate (2012/13), but we are cutting in to muscle in some teams, and leaving lots of fat in others. We really should me more intelligent about where to make savings (bloated teams of developers coding in circles), and where those savings will actually result in costing more (travel to visit clients / train client facing staff).

Intern Review

Summer Data Analyst (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Morningstar as an intern for less than a year

Pros: great people (well, at least at the place I had my intern, which is at London), a lot of them even don't graduate… Cons: open space at work, so you need to have the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Benefits, Declining Products

Senior Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Morningstar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The benefits and the culture is great. It's a free environment where you… Cons: The culture is in decline since they've been hiring too many people too fast, they've also been buying up other companies with a different culture.… Advice to Senior Management: Management is investing too much money on the wrong things. Highly skilled web people have left the company because of management's bad decisions. Hire people who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Morningstar.

Worked for Morningstar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morningstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morningstar CEO Joe Mansueto. All reviews posted anonymously by Morningstar employees.