Mylan Inc
www.mylan.com Canonsburg, PA 5000+ Employees

Union Worker

Union Manufacturing (Current Employee)
Morgantown, WV (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsPay and benefits are above average and most days the job is relatively easy even in one of the more difficult departments that I am in. I get paid more than many of the company employees such as chemists, etc. Especially, when overtime is factored in. There is certainly no reason to complain when people are outside digging ditches for much less. That doesn't stop people here from complaining though.

ConsA lot of politics are involved in this job ever since the company went global and Puskar passed away. The treatment of employees has most certainly went down. The regulations being imposed by the company (the FDA is actually less stringent) have increased by a great margin. Most of the regulations are senseless and only in place to justify the jobs of the quality workers that enforce them. You also receive very little respect when wearing a union uniform and are treated as if you're a second class citizen at times, despite that fact that many in the union hold advanced degrees higher than the people managing them. It can definitely be discouraging at times. In the companies defense, many union employees are lazy and worthless and are most likely the reason we have come to be treated this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep watching your employee's closely and treat those that actually do their job with respect and leave the degradation to the union employee's that do not. Communicate more efficiently and hire from within so future supervisor's and management employees aren't just guessing at how to run the company and actually have a background of what's involved.

Its working always on improvement of Quality Systems.

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros: It provides more Job satisfaction. Cons: Workaholic nature and Production oriented. Advice to Senior Management: Should focus more on Employee benefit. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nice experiance

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros: Global platform with core standards Cons: There is no matter which to share Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Mylan Inc.

Worked for Mylan Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mylan Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mylan Inc CEO Heather Bresch. All reviews posted anonymously by Mylan Inc employees.