There are newer employer reviews for Mylan Inc

Not a stable environment.

Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Mylan Inc

Pros

The pay is competitive and the benefits are good. It is a fast paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn new things and be on high profile projects. Great tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

There is little work/life balance and spending time with your family or having other obligations is looked down upon. People lose their jobs left and right and everyone is looking over their shoulders. Their is not a collaborative feel in the workforce because it is everyone for themselves. People are becoming a product of their environment.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Don't just say people are our most important asset-mean it and act as though it were true.

reviews filtered by
  1. Mylan.

I have been working at Mylan Inc

Pros

Great benefits especially in medical.

Cons

Poor communication from management to workers.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed of all changes. Learning through the "grape vine" leads to misinformation!

2. Good enough...

Current Employee - Engineer in Morgantown, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Morgantown, WV (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc

Pros

Pay is competitive espicially for the area. Benefits are good. They offer free prescriptions and very cheap medical and vision insurance. They offer performance bonuses and christmas bonuses for the time being. A majority of the people who work there were born and raised in wv and therefore there is a real close-knit, family feel at work. Most everyone is friendly and works together well.

Cons

Over all, it seems annoyingly old-school. Days are slow, everything seems to take forever and change is an illusive creature that everyone tries to beat down.
    They seem to have an issue with promoting talent. Those in charge seem to have gotten where they are just because of their years of service.

Advice to Management

promote talent