www.myriad.com
  www.myriad.com
There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Myriad Genetics is a miserable place to work

Former Employee - Scientist II in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
Former Employee - Scientist II in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Salt Lake City is a great place to live

Cons

No career growth, Extremely slow promotion rate, promotions given on a 10% quota and tenure basis, not on merit. Management gives themselves 100 fold more stock options then mid level employees.

Promotions should be given on merit. Stock options should be more equally distributed to employees to incentivize them to actually work. The atmosphere mgmt has created breeds laziness, distrust, and bitterness

49 Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics (View Most Recent)

Not bad, but not a great career

Current Employee - Lab Technician II in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Lab Technician II in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Benefits at the company are pretty good. Other companies I have worked have had similar benefits, but the benefits aren't bad. The stock options and stock are very important to utilize while working here (since the pay is horrible). The other employees are very generous and most people are willing to go the extra mile to help you.

I have learned many lab techniques and business skills from working here. I have definitely increased my knowledge and network as well. I would recommend this place more as a "stepping stone" to a new career or school.

Cons

The pay is very bad; it seems that upper management has a much higher salary and never has any desire to help out the people actually doing the work. Even people in positions where higher pay would be expected; people are not compensated accordingly. The only way to compensate for the lower pay was to work overtime, but now they have became tyrannical on working too much; thus no overtime is now the norm.

Recently, the company has begun posting record profits; but for some reason cannot give raises or promotions accordingly. It seems as if they do not care about the workers in the company. Many people in the company have very low morale and do not like their current position. Further, forget about getting a raise or promotion in the company. They will never give you one; every job transfer is always a lateral transfer, meaning the same pay is kept when moving departments. This means that one might end up with more work to do in their new job, but undeserved pay.

Do not forget about the workers in the company. Many people in the company are unhappy. I would suggest surveying the employees (anonymously of course) to see what their concerns are. There are many very intelligent people willing to improve the company if given the chance. Lastly be more competitive with salary and raises. Stock options and stock are not enough to compensate the workers in the company (remember we do not receive large amounts of either). But keep working on the benefits these are very nice and help out my family a lot. Thanks for the work you pretend to do.

Current Employee - Lab Technician II
    Current Employee - Lab Technician II

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

The benefits are great. The stock options and stock purchase plan are a lifesaver.

Cons

I used to really love working at Myriad Genetics. Ever since the company became profitable (ie. the spin-off of Myriad Pharmaceuticals), the leadership of the company has been very poor. At the lower levels most people are very unhappy. The employee raises last year were cut roughly in half because of "the economy". Then the company reported a 77% profit increase.

Stop treating employees like there are replaceable. I know it's easy to get people to START working here, but the real talent is going to leave if treated like this.

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics