National Church Residences
www.nationalchurchresidences.org Columbus, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Potentially great company

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery good resouces, knowledgeable re: future directions of housing, great opportunity with potential growth, impressive employee benefits and above board standards. Motivational and direction based company and highly reccomended for beginning leadership based opportunity. Company values are excellant with high moral standards.

ConsManagement seems to get lost in it's growth and seems to get lost in basic communication with it's employees at times. Wants uniform activity across the country whether big city or small rural communities that is not realistic and sometimes sets programs up to fail because of their inability or desires to see the differences. Quick to criticize but slow to praise. Often criticism comes from their own inability to communicate what they want or expectations from individual sites . If employee is quick to realize that they will be left to figure out the expectations with no direction or direction which is dependant on whether or not they have a good manager then they will succeed, if not the road will be rough. Frequent changes from upper management are expected with reorganization so adaptation on a regular basis is to be expected. Often asked to do extra collection of information with no clear direction or indication as to why and employee is left to re figure the data on a regular basis depending on who gave the initial direction. Company seems to be lost in it's size.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more initial training and clearer expectations in the beginning of employment. Recognize employees strengths and take advantage of employees abilities and their individualism. Communication seems lacking with basics but is great for communication as far as what will be irrelevant for most. Get to know your employees better and they will perform better. Treat employees the way that it is expected that employees treat our individuals.

High Stress Enviroment, No Management Support

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Work 12 hr shifts, every other holiday -Only work 3 days/week… Cons: -Low pay -low raises -promises that are broken -management acts like they are out to get you. -too many write ups… Advice to Senior Management: The nurses are the ones on the floor dealing with all the -BS- you need to treat the nurses better. It… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Solid company with a strong mission and core values with good intentions

Columbus, OH (US)

Pros: My supervisor values me and respects that I have a life outside of… Cons: Not enough supervisory training Very fast paced changes Some site managers do… Advice to Senior Management: Take the time to listen to employee concerns and follow… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on National Church Residences.

Worked for National Church Residences? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Church Residences reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Church Residences CEO Thomas W. Slemmer. All reviews posted anonymously by National Church Residences employees.