National Grid USA

www.nationalgridus.com

I do not complain, but share owners come before employee.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Worcester, MA (US)
Current Employee - Engineer in Worcester, MA (US)

Pros

Still stable job (can't say much about Waltham since i do not work there). There are still older employees working there with the old mentality, but it is changing as time goes by.

Cons

It is more about money than anything else.

Other reviews for National Grid USA

Friendly working environment.

Former Employee - Student Intern  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Student Intern in Syracuse, NY (US)

Pros

I was working as a student intern in the company. People there are very proud of their work and very helpful. I can learn a lot from my co-workers from various disciplines.
    Very good training process for new employees.

Cons

The work is kind of similar from day to day, no of much inovation.

A very good manager. I don't have suggestions.

Sweatshop passing itself off as a ulility company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Pros

If you were Niagara Mohawk (National Grid bought them out) it's a fine and dandy place to work for as you're part of something referred to as a 'blue contract' where you have guaranteed raises, bonuses etc. You do very little work (not what I aspired to but resent ANYONE not doing their work let alone those get EVERYTHING better than me and then expecting me to do theirs on top of mine as well) and just collect a huge salary.

Cons

'Gold Contract' aka sweatshop contract. A separate contract you're submitted to even thought it's not a closed shop whereby you're due increase $2 plus every year and your benefit nor does your pay increase. Paying to park there. Being harrassed and forced to do other department's job on top of your own because they fire said dept's staff so they can save themselves the salaries. Being told they have the money to give you a raise but 'you're not worth it.' I could go on and on. National Grid should be shut down for all the labor laws they break but they seem to believe they're above such laws - or ANY laws for that matter.

Sell the company back to an American investor and either act like human beings that treat employees' as such or just close up show and let some decent real company provide the gas and heAT.

There are newer employer reviews for National Grid USA.

Worked for National Grid USA? Contribute to the Community!