Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com

Good company with great benefits.

(Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPros – It is very easy to communicate with team members and management. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out to get the task at hand done. Work with happy people with nice smiling faces.
 Discounts are great. Free iphone.

ConsCons – upper-middle management is very focused on numbers. Too many associates not enough customers.Could be very boring at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance. Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease appreciate your team.. Listen, contemplate and revise, sometimes there is another way. Don't treat your employees like they are five years old, give them real, constructive criticism to help build and groom each person - not make us feel as though we are 5 years old.

Very Satisfied

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good pay, ideal place to meet great people. Cons: too much micro-management, unwilling to be held accountable. Advice to Senior Management: Learn the skill of precise decision making. More

Tough to make any money first year.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice management and clients The mariposa restaurant Cons: Sales goals. Not seeing any customers for an entire day. Somber mood. Commission… Advice to Senior Management: Brighten up the atmosphere. management plays passive aggressive and hold… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!