There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Good company with great benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros – It is very easy to communicate with team members and management. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out to get the task at hand done. Work with happy people with nice smiling faces.
 Discounts are great. Free iphone.

Cons

Cons – upper-middle management is very focused on numbers. Too many associates not enough customers.Could be very boring at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance. Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Please appreciate your team.. Listen, contemplate and revise, sometimes there is another way. Don't treat your employees like they are five years old, give them real, constructive criticism to help build and groom each person - not make us feel as though we are 5 years old.

356 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

A new challenge each day.

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Neiman Marcus is a great place to work. One will definitely learn something new each day. The key to success is overcoming obstacles in a professional manner. Your customer is priority number one.It is your job to make them feel that intent on your part.

Cons

The working environment can be a challenge at times due to the way the selling style has changed. Your job is to stay focused on the task at hand and do not forget to follow through with each and every customer you assist.

Don't expect your employees to do anything that you yourself would not do.

No Chance for Advancement

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Honolulu, HI (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI (US)

I worked at Neiman Marcus part-time for more than a year

Pros

Huge discounts - which makes you spend your hard earned money back to them.
    Discounts at their restaurant.
    No late working hours.
    Some staff are nice and friendly.

Cons

Snobby staff. Snotty customers
    Competitive when it comes to selling in your department. Every customer belongs to someone else so you're not allowed to make a sale.
    Due to competitiveness, co-workers get jealous often. Make a big sale and expect the others to notice it. They're not giving you a compliment on the good job you did, they are envious and wish it was them instead of you.
    It's boring. Most hours go by without any customer coming in.
    Don't expect to go anywhere, once you're a sales associate, you're going to be stuck here.
    Customers returning what they bought because of NM's crazy return policy.

I don't know where you go, but, stay on the floor long enough to see that those long-time employees of yours aren't the best employees you've got. They are the ones who gets jealous and disappears during their shifts. They are the ones who take extremely long breaks. Recognize your employees for the work they have done and not how long they have stayed with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!