There are newer employer reviews for Neogen

Low pay but good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Manufacturing  in  Lansing, MI (US)
Current Employee - Manufacturing in Lansing, MI (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance
Decent benefits
Good place to gain experience

Cons

Treated like children, especially women.
Low pay.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Neogen (View Most Recent)

Insulting

Current Employee - Research Scientist  in  Lansing, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Lansing, MI (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are a pro, they make the job bearable. A good place to glean experience before moving into something meaningful.

Cons

-Pay is dismal
    -Minimal Recognition
    -No Advancement Opportunity
    -Placation of concerns by Management
    -No reward for Experience
    -No reward for Education
    -No reward for Hard work

Pay your people. When 5 year gross pay equals 12x less than Jim Herbert's 2012 bonus pay, this is unacceptable. Build a culture where individuals wish to build a career, not where people cannot wait to leave. Reward initiative. Reward innovation. When your highly trained and experienced technical staff makes 15-35x less than upper management, 2-3x less than sales and marketing, there is something horribly wrong with the company. Get rid of the inept buffoons that saturate the company and divvy up their salaries among those who actually work.

Do NOT bother coming to this company unless your goal is to stay at a horrible salary with no room for advancement.

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative, Diagnostics  in  Lexington, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Service Representative, Diagnostics in Lexington, KY (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pros - I am warning everyone to STAY AWAY, worst job experience I have ever experienced.

Cons

To managers, we are disposable, so they could care less if we stayed or not. Down right worse pay in industry. Zero room for advancement, so expect to stay in the same entry level spot for years. Favortism runs rampid - managers have their favorites and if you are not one of them your life will be hell. Worst manager I have EVER had - extremely fake and backstabbing. My job tasks have not ever compared to the amount I get paid.

Start to care about all of your employees - not just the ones who are deemed your 'favorite'. Please start to pay people more, the pay is an insult. Please look into all personnel who hold management positions - some people do not deserve to be managers even though they have been here 15 years as they treat their employees like scum on the bottom of their shoe. PLEASE start to care more about your employees. So far 4 people out of a department of 6 have put in their notice in less than 1 month - if you don't start caring you will always loose valuable talent and in turn the company will suffer.

There are newer employer reviews for Neogen

Worked for Neogen? Contribute to the Community!