Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Opportunity for advancement and success if you get lucky, otherwise it's just a metter of time.

Management (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

ProsPay is great, but save your money... the severance package will only last you so long.

ConsMost of the "benefits" of being an exempt employee come with a very high price tag. I am not just talking about the unusually high salaries. Sure, you can take "as much time off as you want" if you don't mind spending that time worrying about if you'll have a job when you get back, or hell... even getting the time to take a vacation at all. The culture of fear is VERY real. There is zero work life balance. When I started I was suprised to see so many 30 somethings who were single and had no kids. I learned quickly that it's almost the only way to keep your job. 60 hours a week doesn't work when you have a family or even a significant other, especially when what precious time you do have off you are worried about work. Feedback is relative to who is giving it. I received my first real feedback session after I interviewed for a position 6 months after being hired. I received positive feedback, then was laid off 2 weeks later.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture of fear is developed from the top down. While "freedom and responsibility" sounds great on paper, my experience was better described as "uncertainty and pressure". I am not someone who is unfamiliar with hard work and giving everything I have... but if you are not clear as toi how much is enough it leaves you with a pit of stress in your stomach.

Good company - Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Great technology and very big market opportunity make this a great company to be… Cons: Currently there is a lot of bad press and there are risks… Advice to Senior Management: find a strategic alliance that will provide the capital needed to continue to acquire… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be much better! Wait for some senior management changes before you consider.

Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Freedom to use latest technology. Large customer base. Smart engineers. Profitable company able to hire and properly resource development effort. Well… Cons: Senior leadership very confused. Communication from the top done very poorly. Lots of knee-jerk reactions and fire drills. Software complexity is very high, but cross… Advice to Senior Management: Break up the old boys club and bring in skilled senior management from the outside who know how to run a global… More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.