Netflix

www.netflix.com
  www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Excellent co-workers and leadership. Culture of freedom and responsibility is taken seriously and results in an productive and mature working environment.

Cons

The culture leads to a necessity to communicate. Folks who do not want to communicate honestly will falter. It also critical to take initiative. Those with a lack of initiative will struggle.

Continue to reward results and creativity. The culture works by having the right people at the company. Keep it up!

427 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Opportunity for advancement and success if you get lucky, otherwise it's just a metter of time.

Former Employee - Management in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Management in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Pay is great, but save your money... the severance package will only last you so long.

Cons

Most of the "benefits" of being an exempt employee come with a very high price tag. I am not just talking about the unusually high salaries. Sure, you can take "as much time off as you want" if you don't mind spending that time worrying about if you'll have a job when you get back, or hell... even getting the time to take a vacation at all. The culture of fear is VERY real. There is zero work life balance. When I started I was suprised to see so many 30 somethings who were single and had no kids. I learned quickly that it's almost the only way to keep your job. 60 hours a week doesn't work when you have a family or even a significant other, especially when what precious time you do have off you are worried about work. Feedback is relative to who is giving it. I received my first real feedback session after I interviewed for a position 6 months after being hired. I received positive feedback, then was laid off 2 weeks later.

The culture of fear is developed from the top down. While "freedom and responsibility" sounds great on paper, my experience was better described as "uncertainty and pressure". I am not someone who is unfamiliar with hard work and giving everything I have... but if you are not clear as toi how much is enough it leaves you with a pit of stress in your stomach.

Good company - Great people

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Great technology and very big market opportunity make this a great company to be a part of. Leadership has made a bad move and this will pass.

Cons

Currently there is a lot of bad press and there are risks that a competitor will buy them or drive them out of business.

find a strategic alliance that will provide the capital needed to continue to acquire content as you perfect the streaming service - HD streaming needs lots of work.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix