There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Really great place to work!

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros

The company has a really good philosophy about not imposing burdensome processes and rules. It also treats people as adults and assumes everyone knows the best way to get their job done. They are very good at communicating the current thinking of upper management and the current plan and focus, and how they see the future. Compensation is very good.

Cons

There can be a high turnover. People are let go frequently. Can be a bit intense.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

For Hub Manager -Great Pay, but zero job security or training, or stability.

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Pay
    - Challenge
    - Can't think of another.

Cons

- Nature of the position was not presented accurately before hiring. (they sold it as an HR position, but it was a glorified mechanic/ops manager job).
    - The turnover is insane. Out of about 65 hubs (at the time), there were about 6 emails about managers who were terminated my first week. That rate was very common.
    - There is absolutely no training or assistance if you need it.
    - You are viewed as a commodity.
    - They feel (and they'll tell you so!) that they can pay you a lot so you can produce fabulous results no matter what.
    - They fire people for no reason. I believe during the economic downturn maybe they fired a lot of management to replace with cheaper managers, but that may have even been going on before I got there.
    - They wanted to penalize me for having too many cracked discs in my hub, but couldn't find anything my employees or myself were doing wrong. Offerred no helpful advice, etc. Said we were doing great. Got canned anyway. I always had great reviews, above average everywhere else I've ever worked.

Realize that turnover costs a lot of money. Either your hiring process is seriously off (and it is), or you need to develop a training/follow up program for management. You aren't getting the results you want with ANY managers? Maybe the common denominator is you.

Horrible Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

-Market based pay
    -Lots of chances for advancement within the company

Cons

-No work-life balance
    -Lack of respect for associates
    -Performance based company which relies heavily on what have you done for me recently
    -Management lacks respect for operations

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix