There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Really great place to work!

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Los Gatos, CA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros

The company has a really good philosophy about not imposing burdensome processes and rules. It also treats people as adults and assumes everyone knows the best way to get their job done. They are very good at communicating the current thinking of upper management and the current plan and focus, and how they see the future. Compensation is very good.

Cons

There can be a high turnover. People are let go frequently. Can be a bit intense.

404 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Horrible Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

-Market based pay
    -Lots of chances for advancement within the company

Cons

-No work-life balance
    -Lack of respect for associates
    -Performance based company which relies heavily on what have you done for me recently
    -Management lacks respect for operations

Salary 15% above market , Duration of employment 90% below market, Worst culture to work in

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros

You get paid 15% above market rate.
    I was making 165k in my last company (150k base + 15-20% bonus) in a stress free environment
    and then one fine day i found an opening at netflix which suited my profile.
    applied , gave the interview and they offered my 180k total.
    like a fool i jumped onboard.
    lost my job after 9 months and now back in the market.
    and yes those 9 months were no less than delivering a baby.

Cons

just after joining i realized that the guy sitting right next to me was fired few weeks ago.
    as i spent more time i realized most of the people around me were no more than an yr old.
    the work was too much but i thought they are paying me more so i worked hard at it.
    turns out i had 2 slight disagreements with a member in another team and bammm .....i was gone....

the company has a very simple philosophy....if things are not 100% perfect ...fire and hire ......rinse and repeat........

dont make the mistake i made....dont leave your stress free environment for 10-15k etc because you going to end up being fired the moment your performance falls below 100%

reed thinks he is doing a great job..... i wonder does he ever read the reviews here on glassdoor.
    the only problem is these reviews are flooded by CS so hard to read the real software engg reviews.....

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!