Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Libertarian leadership style at the top offers challenges and rewards.

Director of Content (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNetflix's commitment to attracting highly-motivated, creative thinkers throughout the organization means clever solutions and great ideas can come from anywhere at anytime.

ConsThere is a certain pressure to perform that comes from the level of freedom granted that results in a percieved sink or swim mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I left, there was very little reward or recognition given to managers who mentored or successfully developed staff.

The experience was very challenging as the regional management support was unwilling to support.

Manager (Former Employee)
South Portland, ME (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The pay rate is excellent. Cons: the time constraints are tight, the margin of error was not there and the ramifications of failure, be it machine issues, management issues, transportation issues… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I quit first day out of training!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay is competitive for the position Cons: Their training and tools are awful No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.