Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of room to make your own decisions and think on your feet

ConsWhen the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD and one Streaming) and then it was announced none of that was happening. All the while customers were up in arms over this and we in management were always finding things out at the same time customers were so we had no time to prep our staff. Some very hard months for moral with our staff. Lost a lot of trust with our employee base in terms of management to subordinate relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to have time to prep their staff and gain buy-in to make a successful transition occur with company changes and/or snaffus.

Stressful, fast, with lots of attrition.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: Bleeding edge tech company, with great product. Cons: Management cares more about metrics than your work/life balance. The… Advice to Senior Management: Invest time into long term employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Definitely different

I have been working at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Genuinely great company, culture, people (seriously GREAT people!) - Reed Hastings is pretty awesome - They walk the walk in their culture deck Overall, I highly recommend… Cons: - The lack of PTO is a two-edged sword. Great that you can take what you need when you need; bad that there's never… Advice to Senior Management: Slow down just a tiny bit and put a little more thought into some of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.