There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly talented coworkers, opportunity to make a difference (your work is really seen in other parts of the company), very interesting area of work, top company in the world in its field, excellent compensation.

Cons

Very specific areas of work, it might be difficult to transition to other groups or do anything different if you are not a fit.

reviews filtered by

Great company but needs to improve career development

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

Colleagues are fantastic. People very smart and culture is collaborative. Work on very interesting projects and company moves fast - hard to get used to at first

Cons

Experience at the company highly depends on your specific manager and team and getting good feedback. Career development is sorely lacking except for those at the junior level.

Advice to Management

Better processes / standards for promotion and greater opportunities for career development.

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room to make your own decisions and think on your feet

Cons

When the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD and one Streaming) and then it was announced none of that was happening. All the while customers were up in arms over this and we in management were always finding things out at the same time customers were so we had no time to prep our staff. Some very hard months for moral with our staff. Lost a lot of trust with our employee base in terms of management to subordinate relations.

Advice to Management

Make sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to have time to prep their staff and gain buy-in to make a successful transition occur with company changes and/or snaffus.