Netflix

www.netflix.com

Very good learning experience at a cost of a lot of heartache

Customer Service Supervisor III (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

ProsPay and benefits. They typically pay above scale and provide benefits from the time you become a full time employee.

ConsManagement, on several occasions missed their mark on several key initiatives in the center. Specifically they never had a clue what was happening on the floor in regards to employee satisfaction and were never involved in developing employees to rank up.

"Manage up or out" was stated on several occasions and this approach is what developed a culture of fear in the call center. High turnover is never a positive motivating factor and management was quick to let go of the people who stood against that ideal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would share advice but management seems to agree with Hastings' approach of shooting from the hip and not listening to his trusted advisors.

Bright people who are fun to work with in very high-performance culture

Vice President (Former Employee) Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Walk the walk consistent with the well-articulated culture. Very focused. Clear, well-articulated strategy… Cons: A bit of a culture of fear articulated as "the sniper in the building" as some new hires and long-time employees are either bad fit… Advice to Senior Management: Keep hiring and growing stars across all areas of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stressful, fast, with lots of attrition.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: Bleeding edge tech company, with great product. Cons: Management cares more about metrics than your work/life balance. The… Advice to Senior Management: Invest time into long term employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!