Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Formerly 5-star, now a bit adrift

Director of Engineering (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmart co-workers with the basics of a great corporate culture.
Lack or management direction means lots of job flexibility (back-handed pro?).
Good product that has potential.

ConsLacking a future strategic vision from the exec team.
Not an innovation culture for engineers, more of a tinkering culture with mindless obsession to A/B testing.
Didn't learn from the Qwikster debacle and hasn't returned to a focus on customers - they're just numbers on a chart to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize Netflix needs to be more than just a content middle-man to succeed long term.

I had a great ride at Netflix up to the point where Reed torpedoed the company with the Qwikster idiocy. Despite the obsession with testing user experience, almost nothing was done to test consumer reaction to the Qwikster plan before it was announced (haphazardly at that).

Put customers first again and deliver the BEST combined streaming and DVD experience possible. Despite the religious conviction to kill the DVD business, wait on doing this until the rest of the population is ready for it. Forcing the issue is hurting Netflix in the short term, and this damage is opening an opportunity for competition.

NA

BI Architect (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great salary , cool company and flexible working hours Cons: chaos everywhere and hire and fire policy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service Represenative

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay. $14/hr + benefits or ~$19/hr without benefits. (Not taking… Cons: Company is not transparent. Often customers will know a huge step taking by upper management before you do. Covering up or what I like to… Advice to Senior Management: Please stop making this such a cut throat environment. When reps get it from customers and then you also tie our hands with middle management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.