Netflix

www.netflix.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Customer Service Represenative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay. $14/hr + benefits or ~$19/hr without benefits. (Not taking the $10,000 in benefits) Great employees.

Cons

Company is not transparent. Often customers will know a huge step taking by upper management before you do. Covering up or what I like to call lying to customers. This job will wear you down with customers, which is not the primary concern but middle management. No clear direction from supervisors they're just looking out for their jobs. One supervisor will differ from the other rapidly.

Please stop making this such a cut throat environment. When reps get it from customers and then you also tie our hands with middle management it makes us despondent and depressed. Most of the reps hate Netflix and stresses them out. Resort to drinking excessively and drugs as a solution to the stress the job implements.

449 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly talented coworkers, opportunity to make a difference (your work is really seen in other parts of the company), very interesting area of work, top company in the world in its field, excellent compensation.

Cons

Very specific areas of work, it might be difficult to transition to other groups or do anything different if you are not a fit.

Very good pay and they make you pay for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very good pay
    Free movies
    Popcorn
    Tools are pretty good for a call center
    Lots of parking since they keep firing anyone that works on DVD

Cons

Horrible benefits. You pay a lot for nothing. Don't be fooled by the extra allotment
    No vacation policy means no vacations. The managers and HR are always gone. Maybe they get vacation...
    In last 3 months all the good managers were fired or they work in california
    HR was a recruiter and hardly knows HR. Now that person runs the center and makes the decisions
    Outsourcers keep taking our calls and then they mess them up and transfer them to us instead of the survey. Then our DSAT goes up and then we get fired.

Take care of the DVD business or shut it down. Stop making decisions based off what HR says.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix