There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Customer Service Is Not For Me

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Frisco, TX (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Customer service in general. For some reason going into this I did not think it would be a typical customer service experience based on my own satisfaction with Netflix for the past 3 years. It's pretty easy work, but so many people who called were lazy and/or arrogant jerks. Some of them made me feel like I was an inch tall. It was emotionally draining, especially for someone as sensitive as I am. The pressure to meet the 0% DSAT also didn't help. The survey asks about the company but it's answer is a reflection of the customer service and high DSATs effect job performance. We're expected to convey a relaxed, friendly attitude and build a personal rapport with the customer, but with pressure of the DSAT it's hard not to make everything sound forced and phony because you want to really turn it on to try get a yes out of the person. I'm an introvert so faking conversations and trying to think of chit-chat was hard for me. Do not take this job if you're sensitive and don't have strong conversational skills. You must get to know the person. It is required. I also wanted to add that the schedules and team leaders are constantly changing. It's extremely frustrating.

Change the survey question.

407 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

The company is decline

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

paid well. work long hours without vacation.

Cons

The culture is bad. They claim they only hiring superstar, but superstars will not go to the company, the engineer quality is so-so.

Your culture is not that great. You company just like Enron

Startup feel

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

The company operates much like a startup, based heavily on metrics and you get access to a lot of interesting information.

Cons

The overall environment is very competitive, there is a high level of turnover in all areas, there is no sense of security.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!