Netflix

www.netflix.com
  www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Let us do our jobs!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment: Dress code very comfortable
Decent wage: Beats the heck out of minimum wage
Free account: as long as you are employed

Cons

Too much pressure on AHT. 5.5 minutes to relate, converse and fix issues. Not near enough.
Tech team needs to get their act together. Can get 3 different answers to the same question.
 Need more positive reinforcement. Scare tactics make for constant turnover.
3rd party call center..attendance policy very strict

Let us do our jobs! Stop confining us on time spent with the customer! We have many elderly customers who need more explanation for issues. DSat is stressed way too much. Back off on a few things..and watch that DSat drop! What is more important...a satisfied member..or how many calls we take a day.

420 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Customer Service Is Not For Me

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Customer service in general. For some reason going into this I did not think it would be a typical customer service experience based on my own satisfaction with Netflix for the past 3 years. It's pretty easy work, but so many people who called were lazy and/or arrogant jerks. Some of them made me feel like I was an inch tall. It was emotionally draining, especially for someone as sensitive as I am. The pressure to meet the 0% DSAT also didn't help. The survey asks about the company but it's answer is a reflection of the customer service and high DSATs effect job performance. We're expected to convey a relaxed, friendly attitude and build a personal rapport with the customer, but with pressure of the DSAT it's hard not to make everything sound forced and phony because you want to really turn it on to try get a yes out of the person. I'm an introvert so faking conversations and trying to think of chit-chat was hard for me. Do not take this job if you're sensitive and don't have strong conversational skills. You must get to know the person. It is required. I also wanted to add that the schedules and team leaders are constantly changing. It's extremely frustrating.

Change the survey question.

Know yourself, then manage your path accordingly

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant co-workers, opportunities to have a direct impact, minimal nit-picking bureaucracy or corporate policies, dynamic energy as the company continually evolves. Company does pretty well as removing doofuses and not hiring jerks. For the saavy employee, you can move into some great opportunities as the company grows and adapts. Upper management is very transparent (even when sometimes they don't make the best call -- e.g. Qwikster).

Cons

Dynamic environment does not work for a 'do my work and go home' employee or those who just want to show up and be told what to do. Middle and lower management can be a crap shoot -- seek out a great boss (there's many at Netflix) and avoid the bad ones (unfortunately, Netflix has those too). There is a level of 'playing the game' but not to an extent that I'd say is greater than anywhere else. Corporate philosophy does not emphasize coaching (but does not ban it) -- so you need to seek out your own mentors or strengthen your team (if you're a lead) by figuring out career/skills grown on your own.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix