Netflix

www.netflix.com

Excellent Pay & Fast paced work environment

Current Employee - Senior BI Architect  in  Los Gatos, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior BI Architect in Los Gatos, CA (US)

Pros

Good Pay & Fact paced work environment

Cons

Fast paced a work environment and no additional perks

Other reviews for Netflix

Big company with the heart of a startup

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

Pros

-Lots of room for innovation. The technologies are fairly new and broad, and there is no bureaucracy and requirements to get approval from top management. Innovation can start at the IC level.
    -Great compensation. Talent is rewarded generously. I started the job on a large salary, then within 6 months, my manager decided to give me a hefty raise to reward my contributions.
    -Nice work environment: bleeding edge hardware, new devices always available to play with even before they hit the market, kitchenette well stocked with snacks, drinks and fruits
    -Smart coworkers
    -Transparency about company strategies all the way from exec level to you direct lead level

Cons

-This company isn't great for people who are starting their career. Training is minimal, and the expectation is that you take educating and training yourself into your own hands, which could be a bit of a challenge to some. If you do not possess the knowledge and the talent to be a good problem solver, don't expect management to train you on solving things.
    -Job stability could be a concern at times - but as long as you continue to innovate, and stay professional, it shouldn't be a big concern
    -The packaged free lunch isn't on par with the buffets at other silicon valley software companies like Facebook and Google - but it's still free though, so can't complain much

We're the reigning champions of video delivery, to all platforms. We reach more than 25 million households. We have so much potential for developing new innovations. Invest more in research and trials of radically new ideas. I'm not talking about incremental improvements to the streaming experience, I'm talking about making our customers say "WOW!", I'm talking about disrupting markets. Take risks! But please don't make another Quikster - that was pretty stupid, like you all said :)

Let us do our jobs!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Pros

Relaxed environment: Dress code very comfortable
    Decent wage: Beats the heck out of minimum wage
    Free account: as long as you are employed

Cons

Too much pressure on AHT. 5.5 minutes to relate, converse and fix issues. Not near enough.
    Tech team needs to get their act together. Can get 3 different answers to the same question.
     Need more positive reinforcement. Scare tactics make for constant turnover.
    3rd party call center..attendance policy very strict

Let us do our jobs! Stop confining us on time spent with the customer! We have many elderly customers who need more explanation for issues. DSat is stressed way too much. Back off on a few things..and watch that DSat drop! What is more important...a satisfied member..or how many calls we take a day.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!