Excellent Pay & Fast paced work environment

Current Employee - Senior BI Architect  in  Los Gatos, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior BI Architect in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Pay & Fact paced work environment

Cons

Fast paced a work environment and no additional perks

Other Reviews for Netflix

Let us do our jobs!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment: Dress code very comfortable
    Decent wage: Beats the heck out of minimum wage
    Free account: as long as you are employed

Cons

Too much pressure on AHT. 5.5 minutes to relate, converse and fix issues. Not near enough.
    Tech team needs to get their act together. Can get 3 different answers to the same question.
     Need more positive reinforcement. Scare tactics make for constant turnover.
    3rd party call center..attendance policy very strict

Let us do our jobs! Stop confining us on time spent with the customer! We have many elderly customers who need more explanation for issues. DSat is stressed way too much. Back off on a few things..and watch that DSat drop! What is more important...a satisfied member..or how many calls we take a day.

Know yourself, then manage your path accordingly

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant co-workers, opportunities to have a direct impact, minimal nit-picking bureaucracy or corporate policies, dynamic energy as the company continually evolves. Company does pretty well as removing doofuses and not hiring jerks. For the saavy employee, you can move into some great opportunities as the company grows and adapts. Upper management is very transparent (even when sometimes they don't make the best call -- e.g. Qwikster).

Cons

Dynamic environment does not work for a 'do my work and go home' employee or those who just want to show up and be told what to do. Middle and lower management can be a crap shoot -- seek out a great boss (there's many at Netflix) and avoid the bad ones (unfortunately, Netflix has those too). There is a level of 'playing the game' but not to an extent that I'd say is greater than anywhere else. Corporate philosophy does not emphasize coaching (but does not ban it) -- so you need to seek out your own mentors or strengthen your team (if you're a lead) by figuring out career/skills grown on your own.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!