Neudesic

www.neudesic.com
  www.neudesic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neudesic

A Fun, Dynamic Workplace

Current Employee - Practice Director in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Practice Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Neudesic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Neudesic is a place where you will come and be amazed at the amount of talent around you, I came to neudesic over 5 years ago and was amazed at the talent that I saw in the Organization. A lot of ex-Microsoft people has made Microsoft there home , the company founders were all ex-Microsoft. The mentorship and work culture of these folks raises your own knowledge and expertise to another level. Neudesic is truly a catalyst that will accelerate your talent. General Managers to Practice directors to partners all are developers at heart and this is a true home for great developers at heart.

Neudesic is also a very dynamic company having grown at a dizzying pace year over year even through recession . We did not have any staff reductions at the height of the recession in 2009 and infact grew at a modest pace that year . This testament to how valuable the partnership with Neudesic is considered by our customers and the value that we are able to deliver.

Think smart/Work hard/play hard actually applies here. We have an internal micro blogging tool Pulse that supports all 4 mobile device platforms and everyone is free to voice their opinion and natural leaders bubble up and gain a following , it also make the organization much more flat and blurs reporting lines. The org chart is not very deep and that means there is a lot of room for you to grow into and most people have grown up through the ranks

We have a great mentorship program where your manager is not your mentor , so you are free to work with your mentor to take your career in the direction you want to take even if that means switching to a different stream in the long run.

The atmosphere of the office is fantastic and we have lunch hours on Fridays, we have friendly contests in our team between offices rather than within offices. We put a strong emphasis on fostering team work , elevating technical , process and domain knowledge .

Cons

Our health insurance plan is good but could be better , but I realize this is a numbers game, the more employees you have the better your plan.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Neudesic (View Most Recent)

Talented teams working to benefit the "Good Old Boys"

Current Employee - Director-level
    Current Employee - Director-level

I have been working at Neudesic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastically smart, capable technologists; co-workers you legitimately enjoy. Long hours are tolerable because of solid team camaraderie.

Cons

- Health benefits are very bad and vacation/sick leave (which are combined - 10 days total for new hires at any level) are worse.
    - Executive leadership hires their old buddies for extraordinary sums and places them in charge of newly created divisions that never seem to accomplish much or change anything. Happens about once every 6 months.
    - Very limited internal promotion, especially if you don't work in Irvine or aren't personal friends of the executive team.
    - Pay is below market, stagnant, and only gets seriously reviewed when someone threatens to quit.
    - No investment in training or professional development, coupled with the highest utilization targets I've seen in the industry. (Propping up an unsuccessful product division?)
    - Employees at *all* levels, senior directors through consultants, are managed and controlled entirely via the stick, not the carrot. Bonus plans are unattainable. Everyone is overworked. Praise is sparse, rewards for exceptional work are non-existent (unless a regional director gives a hundred bucks in gift cards as an off-the-record thank you), but penalties are quick for failing to attain goals or align with the constant stream of new policies and procedures.
    - The partners (executive leadership) are fantastic guys, but are clearly ad libbing and lack what's required to run a company of this size. They have a death grip on the company (which is entirely privately funded by them), with no signs of that changing.

Retaining the best talent in the industry requires commensurate rewards; share success with those who make you successful. Go out of your way and watch for those quietly making the business succeed; those who play politics and/or are the loudest in showing off their accomplishments usually aren't the ones who are responsible for our wins.

It's alright

I have been working at Neudesic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very smart technical people, competitive salary, work from home on remote projects.

Cons

-High turnover in some regions.
    -Bonus structure is nearly impossible to meet unless you take no PTO and work Holidays
    -Not sure what I need to do to move to the next level
    -Currently going through a re-org.

There are newer employer reviews for Neudesic