Newton Europe

There are newer employer reviews for Newton Europe

Newton

Current Employee - Consultant in Oxford, England
Current Employee - Consultant in Oxford, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Challenge, development, responsibility, career prospects

Cons

Hard work but weekends off, away during the week

28 Other Employee Reviews for Newton Europe (View Most Recent)

Challenging and interesting work in a very dynamic environment

Current Employee - Lead Consultant
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Too many to list in reality, but a few are; the people are amazing, the work is varied and most of all it's great fun. You never have two days the same, and the company really care about making it work. You can get involved in whatever you are interested in and are encouraged to start new things if you want to.

Cons

You work away from home, which doesn't suit everyone. Although we never work weekends and get good holidays it can be hard work during the week.

Fantastic opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and make a difference for a variety of clients!

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You really do get responsibility early on in your career - you will be making a difference on site to clients straight away.
    Being on site with clients means you get to meet a lot of people and have a lot of variety in your day.
    The people you work with are really interesting, intelligent and driven people.
    The review days, activity days and parties are awesome, not only for the money spent on them (we hire a beach for the summer party), but also because we are friends as well as colleagues.
    Everyone, right up to the directors, is down-to-earth and approachable.
    The experience you get at Newton will stand you in good stead to go in to many industries.

Cons

We don't work weekends, but there are some pretty intense weeks - not in terms of hours necessarily, but we are always 'on it'.
    We have to be away from home during the week - we get paid expenses, have team fun nights and enjoy being with our colleagues, but it's not the same as being at home!
    Sometimes a project ends when the results haven't come through yet as there is a lead time for the improvements to hit the shop floor, which means that it seems to us that we are leaving site suddenly and we aren't always there to see the results, which isn't as rewarding.
    If it is decided in your recruitment process that you will be hired as a graduate, it's very hard, if not impossible, to be promoted significantly 'ahead of the curve', no matter what they say in the recruitment presentation - people get promoted at 6 months in (if you are decided to be an experienced hire) or 19-22 months in (the curve for a graduate) - nobody gets promoted in between the two.

Don't lose the culture as we get bigger - we're starting to feel much more 'corporate', which apart from anything else, doesn't really fit in with the senior team!
    It's great that you're focusing so much on recruitment, particularly to senior/lead level, but be careful not to forget to focus on retaining the people you have already! Already senior people seem very distant from the stresses & pressures of what it is like to be a consultant on a current project - remember they are larger both financially and in terms of the number of stakeholders than when you were at our level.

There are newer employer reviews for Newton Europe