Nightingale Home Healthcare

www.homecareforyou.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nightingale Home Healthcare

If you don't care about pay, but love helping others this is a great place to work in healthcare.

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Carmel, IN (US)
Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Carmel, IN (US)

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

Choice of cases to take on, not a typical healthcarea job, personally rewarding in helping clients

Cons

As a home health aide you have four differnet pay rates and it flucuates based on the care you provide which is choose by scheduling personnel, and needs of client, medicare and medicaid, private pay. Benefit waiting period too long- you must wait 180 days and it is based on a 40 hour work week, it is up to you to make sure you get 40 hours and it is hard to do because some cases are two hours here, four there. Pay includes miliage which you have to keep track of. You must use your own car.

It would be best if you could hire and pay based on experience, too many pay rates to keep track of. Maybe you could have a meet and greet among employees so that they could switich assignments instead of having call offs

45 Other Employee Reviews for Nightingale Home Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Horrible workplace!

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Carmel, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Carmel, IN (US)

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

None. Its not worth it!

Cons

You are working more than 12 hours a day even if you're physical therapist.
    You drive more than 2000 a mile per week.
    Employees at the office acts as if they are all the boss.

It affects your care to the patient.

The owner is hypocrite! He emails sayings but fail to look on what's going on in his own company and how they threaten most of their employee. hope this will be complained to the labor department!

Be gone!
    You are too much!

Waste of time

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare (less than a year)

Pros

- Meeting clients. I don't have 5 words to enter here.

Cons

- I was in a different position other than a nurse or PT/OT. My "manager" never knew what was going on in my department. It was like pulling teeth to get her to assign me patients to see, so I didn't get paid. I would call and email over and over, but no response. They don't have voice mail,so you can't leave a message. Someone in India answers the phone and tells you to call a nurse with your question when the nurse can't do anything about it.
    - I'm told Owner does not believe in direct deposit. I didn't know that was a thing you could believe in in 2015. You have to either pick up your check at the office (they won't reimburse you mileage...which is only $0.25/mile AFTER 21 miles) or have it mailed the old fashion way.
    - Supplies. I had to ask for things like pens, notepads, hand sanitizer and it seemed weird that I was asking for them. I got one pen. One.
    - In order to get paid, patients have to sign sheets proving you were there. That's fine and understandable. However, I tried to scan and email my sheets to HR and they would only accept the originals. Ok fine as well. I asked them to supply me with stamps and envelopes and I would mail them in. Nope, they don't supply that either. So my only option was to drive to the office and drop them off in person...and they won't pay you mileage for that. So, I had to spend my own money in order to get paid.
    - Even when I knew I would have a patient that week, I couldn't schedule them until sometimes the day before because I didn't have access in the database. I expressed I needed to better plan my weeks out having a family and other things going on in my life. I couldn't just work day to day not knowing anything. Bringing that up didn't do anything; everyone at the office is all laid back and it doesn't seem to matter to them.
    - I met the owner once; he spoke to me for 2 minutes and told staff that I "had a good personality and would fit in". Then, for the other part of my interview, I wasn't asked anything about my work ethic, goals, anything. It was just to fill the spot.

- empathy. Put yourself in the shoes of your employees and ask yourself if you would like to work in this environment.
    - Step back and look at why there is so much turn over....and do something about it! The only reason companies like this stick around is because people stay and do nothing!

There are newer employer reviews for Nightingale Home Healthcare