Nissan
www.nissan-global.com Yokohama, Japan 5000+ Employees

Learning experience EQUALS Sacrificing personal life.

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Farmington Hills, MI (US)

I worked at Nissan

ProsGreat learning experience. Everyone is very helpful and a lot of work is required, which in turn makes a great learning experience for any new engineers that are beginning their career in the automotive industry and any other industry.

ConsOne of benefits of working a lot is obtaining a lot of informaiton and experience, but at the same time, an engineer will be working a lot of hours to complete assignments. In turn, an engineer will have to sacrifice some of his/her personal time for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is great direction and a great business structure. The open door/flat business heirarchy is beneficial in implementing changes. Be more aware of hours being worked by engineers to complete projects/jobs because there are a lot of hours being worked because some managers require them.

An excellent progressive company

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Nissan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Opportunities and support. well rewrded Cons: demanding and at times difficult to satisfy Advice to Senior Management: be more aware of long serving employees capabilities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Learn a lot, develop practical skills, but watch out for office politics.

Placement Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunderland, North East England, England

I worked at Nissan as an intern for less than a year

Pros: If you get in the right team, it's really rewarding - you can learn a lot from… Cons: Often quite fractious relations between different teams, and between the engineering and production staff. Unrealistic SM targets… Advice to Senior Management: Communication between engineering teams needs to be improved. Comparing a brand… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Nissan.

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nissan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn. All reviews posted anonymously by Nissan employees.