Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Northrop Grumman Space Park (formerly TRW)

Manager (Current Employee) Redondo Beach, CA (US)

ProsEngineering based business model - management still places product performance above financial results. Recent cost pressure has put this at risk and some shortcuts are starting to be taken. Management has a basic understanding of risks associated with shortened and less rigorous (costly) product development cycles and is communicating this to customers.
Management embraces specialization and makes good efforts to provide adequate training and tools to employees.

ConsPolitical and silo'd culture. I heard about this prior to working at NGC Space Park and it's true. There is inadequate communication between engineering disciplines and an 'Us vs Them' mentality that generates discord.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasic MBA advice - look at the cash flow along the product development life-cycle. More resources earlier in the process will result in less problems down the road. Review processes need to be real and not just 'Check the box.' In this era of lower budgets make sure to rigorously understand customer needs (again, don't just check the box) and execute accordingly. The companies that will win are those that get the balance between customer needs and budgets right. It's not an easy task.

Tight on the Pocket

Training Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits, Good company overall, Talented people Cons: they usually pay below average salaries compared to competitors Advice to Senior Management: Hire people based on skillsets and pay a fair salary based on those skills,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Meh

Logistics Analyst III (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time

Pros: Good company with solid future Cons: Poor team lead that has lead to dissatisfaction. Limited… Advice to Senior Management: Different groups within the company competing for the same contract… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!