Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com

Good company, for a contractor

Analyst (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

ProsCompetitive salaries, if you know what to ask for (otherwise they'll naturally pay less). The management respected us as people working at the client site, and didn't micro-manage us. They are very reasonable about travel expenses. The administrative staff are very supportive, and the company will back you, as long as you keep the client happy.

ConsSome of the bureaucracy was obnoxious -- the way you had to log in to the NG site, how hard it was to find information on the NG websites, the complexity of submitting travel expense claims, etc. They sent too many unnecessary emails from corporate and required that we read them. And I needed multiple usernames and passwords just for the company internal tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementRedesign the employee functions on the websites to make it easier to find things. Simplify logging in and make it so you can do everything with one username and password. Keep on-site employees better informed about other opportunities within the company, on other projects, so people know they have options and don't have to leave the company if they're getting stuck in their present position.

a good company to work for in general

Engineer IV (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: the company has rooms for employee to grow Cons: the offices and parking lots all are packed Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Benchmark for Defense Contractors

Program Manager (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros: NGC provides the stability and career progression that one might expect from a… Cons: Probably like many of its peers, NGC can be suffocating, slow-moving, and… Advice to Senior Management: Great care has to be taken to ensure "compliance" does… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Northrop Grumman.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!