Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,132 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Nurturing and supportive management who care for both employees and clients.

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNorthwestern Mutual maintains unparalleld moral values in a less than trustworthy industry. NW also demonstrates amazing commitment to clients and new reps. Uncapped opportunity for growth and salary. A laid back and friendly work place.

ConsUnbelievably difficult to get your business off the ground. Essential to have a broad network of existing relationships to use as a base market and for further networking purposes.

Northwestern Mutual is truly a team oriented atmosphere

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Team oriented, although techincally competing for clients, always looking out for eachother.… Cons: A lot of cold calls and no way around it. Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company

Assistant to Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Westport, CT (US)

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good people, good culture inside the company Cons: Long hours, lot of responsibility Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.