Northwestern Mutual

www.northwesternmutual.com

Recruiter

Recruiter (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsTremendous amount of time and money put into personal development and training. Has one of the best internship programs developed for the financial services industry.

ConsHard recruiting environment-hard to attract good candidates, expect you to refer people to the career or rely on reps to refer you candidate and that doesn't happen easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so discriminatory when it comes to hiring recruiters. By far, the vast majority of recruiters are young, attractive women and their is a clear bias by management to keep it this way.

Invaluable Training & Experience Overall

Financial Representative Intern (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Accountability and direct exposure to the financial services field Potential for good commissions Allows you to get a good feel for what a great financial… Cons: Money isn't there if you aren't selling Long hours Hard to start building… Advice to Senior Management: Restructure compensation to salary and be stricter in regards to hiring interns. We don't need a high turnover rate for employees... We need to get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It is a great company for the right person.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Beautiful office, friendly atmosphere, and great training program. Cons: It is sink or swim. You are given the training and you have a… Advice to Senior Management: There should be more stipends for people just starting out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!