There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Good place to work but no consistency

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Flexible hours
Good brand and training

Cons

Ever changing goals
Pulled in different directions

Figure out a plan that works

1414 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Actually can be a fun place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Fellow employees are great, store management good. Work scheduling seems fair and balanced. Convenient location in my case at least.

Cons

Pitiful pay, no full time hours, no benefits to speak of for part time. This can be and often is a very technical job, and that knowledge is not generally recognized and certainly not rewarded. Training is good, but could be much better.

Better pay first and foremost, you have computer and technology professionals working for a pittance due to the economy, they deserve more than minimum wage. Better training, and allow access to training, corporate, and scheduling information via remote access (from home). And how about at least a minimum commission on big ticket items, service contracts and add-ons are all fine and good, but we have to sell the base item first, so a little acknowledgement there would be great, especially if the customer doesn't want or need or can't afford the extras!

Don't expect to be compensated for your brains...

Former Employee - CSS II, Copy Center  in  New Port Richey, FL (US)
    Former Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in New Port Richey, FL (US)

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

At my store at least, there was a lot of teamwork and competency both from the supervisors and most of the team. There is a bonus that employees can earn each month for winning a drawing of $50, which can definitely help out especially when you are not expecting it.

Cons

The starting pay is terrible and the continuing annual raise are garbage. When I got a 3% raise out of a total 5%, and hadn't even received a raise the year before, I was a tad perturbed to say the least. It wasn't my first job and I KNOW how to work with all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds. The only job I took on that I hadn't done before was the Copy and Print Department, and for all the workload you do, you only start out at a measly minimum wage unless you have some prior experience which if you do, don't waste you're time. Go to a print shop instead.

This I would love to direct to Corporate instead.... if you can afford to drug test your employees out of pocket, then I am sure you could be able to start out prospective employees at way above minimum wage... at least go based by departments. It's not kosher that you pay an individual in CPD minimum wage when CPD makes the store a LOT of money, and there's no bonus for up-selling!! I loved working with the people I did on a daily, but Office Depot as a corporation definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I am glad I left there and found a way better job that pays me a lot more and I do less work.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!