Center director was good to work for but corporate management was non-existent.

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services

Pros

Lessons are computer based making it efficient to teach several grades at the same session.

Cons

Lack of teacher computers made it difficult to complete work. Lack of privacy made it difficult to have confidential conversations with staff, students, and guardians.

Treat your teachers as if they matter.

Other Reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

The worst professional experience of my life

Current Employee - Peasant  in  Libertyville, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Peasant in Libertyville, IL (US)

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Your able to help kids turn their

Cons

Teachers, social workers, and whoever else thats not in management are paid as if they don't have life expenses. Pay is very, very, low but to top it off you can work there for 5 years and still never receive a par increase. The senior management from operations managers on up treat employees as if they don't matter. They're too concerned about getting another district contract and big pay out and then never reimbursing the staff who's in the trenches with the students on a daily basis. They're philosophy is that the students matter, but if you as an employee bring anything to their attention that would better help the students then they pretend as if it can't happen. Most of their centers are in disarray and are poorly run, i.e., students with their feet kicked up on the desk, listening to ipods, cussing and swearing, at fellow students and staff, and students walking around with hats on. The operations managers who are over these centers do a poor job of managing them and covering their butts as to make it look like everything is under control. If don't believe me then visit one of these centers for yourself. I would definitely suggest this to all "district partners" as they call them. You rarely receive any kudos, or positive feedback from senior management, but they are quick to ask you questions about your ideas and take them and claim them as their own ideas. Overall the work environment is not welcoming and not acknowledging of its hardworking employees. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy, okay on second thought maybe I would.

No advice to give, they have it all under control....(I'm being sarcastic)

The pay is low and not many pay increases are given.

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL (US)

Pros

You get to see students accomplish goals.

Cons

Children with server mental and behavior issues not properly being addressed.

Think of the children not the school district.

There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services.

Worked for Ombudsman Educational Services? Contribute to the Community!