Opera Solutions
www.operasolutions.com Jersey City, NJ 500 to 999 Employees

An Opportunity To Work With “A” Quality People

New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsIf there was one element about Opera Solutions that places it head and shoulders above the other "Big Data"/service players in the market, it’s the quality of the people I work with. Through all levels of the org, the company consists of a collegial atmosphere with some of the brightest minds I’ve had the pleasure of working with.

The company's CEO, Arnab, is a visionary in this space and has been the driving force behind the company's shift from its consulting roots to a software company. He has high standards for himself and the people around him. Those who aren't willing to give their all — to work harder and think more deeply — may have a problem with this. Personally, I like it.

Though a lot of reviews suggest the c-suite is disconnected from the trenches, I beg to differ as the hierarchy is relatively flat and management is helping drive initiatives daily.

Salaries remain competitive and if you do contribute top-notch work, you will be rewarded sooner rather than later. As one poster said “you get what you put in,” which means if you roll up your sleeves, prepare to work hard, and produce, your efforts will be recognized by senior leadership.

If you’re hungry there’s plenty of room to grow, by climbing “the ladder” and also by gaining experience at one of the top companies in the “Big Data” space.

ConsCommunication throughout the organization needs attention as “town hall” style Q&A meetings are rarely held and transparency is lacking.

No growth opportunities, work atmosphere is below average

Research and Data Analyst (Current Employee)
Noida (India)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros: - Flexible work hours with decent pay scale for every… Cons: - Too much politics - No growth opportunities for atleast 3 years - Job description does not match the actual job - status… Advice to Senior Management: Start concentration on your level one and two employees, they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Game Over

Senior Analytics Specialist (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Brilliant vision and potential for products. Too bad none exist… Cons: CEO and senior management are no longer building a company, instead they are running for the exits and begging for money from system integrators for… Advice to Senior Management: Do whatever it takes to put the company on solid footing, but please don't sell out to an SI and give away our potential as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Opera Solutions.

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Opera Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Opera Solutions applies advanced analytics to Big Data flows to extract predictive patterns. Our goal is not only to make machines smarter but also (and more important) to use machines’ output to dramatically improve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Opera Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Opera Solutions CEO Bernhard Nann. All reviews posted anonymously by Opera Solutions employees.