Opera Solutions
www.operasolutions.com Jersey City, NJ 500 to 999 Employees

Swan song?

Engagement Manager (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

ProsAlthough some of Opera’s best people have recently left or been pushed out, the company still has some very bright minds knowledgeable not only in Analytics but also in several client industries.

ConsThe CEO and main shareholder is after a quick cash-out and is pushing changes that are harmful to the mid- and long-term future of the company.

Morale is extremely low and most decent people currently interview with other companies, several key scientists and the heads of the London and Paris offices have left already and the quality of client work starts decreasing.
HR policies and direction are inexistent and bonuses have been pathetic (or nil) for the last couple of years…

Opera was built with a great business model, combining the insights of advanced analytics with the deep understanding that ex-management consultants can bring to specific industries. For years, it had a clear advantage over other big data market players.
Now, it endeavors to copy the business model of software houses but without having neither the DNA nor the relevant resources for it… add to that the departure of so many good people and the constant changes in the leadership group… disaster is looming.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and stop trying to copy other companies

Lots of work, long hours and little fun, though you learn a lot, quickly.

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros: You get to experience a lot of different things, different companies and sides of companies most will never even read/hear about. Some of the people… Cons: Tons of work and long hours. Prepare to work, a lot. People can be helpful most of the time, though there are moments or… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out how to make projects enjoyable to be on and focus on what is going on. Seems… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Dysfunctional mess heading in the wrong direction.

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros: Great co-workers who put in the extra effort Cons: Inexperienced management an ego's gone wild. Advice to Senior Management: Listen and use your resources. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Opera Solutions.

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Opera Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Opera Solutions applies advanced analytics to Big Data flows to extract predictive patterns. Our goal is not only to make machines smarter but also (and more important) to use machines’ output to dramatically improve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Opera Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Opera Solutions CEO Bernhard Nann. All reviews posted anonymously by Opera Solutions employees.