Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,766 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Challenging, good pay good work life balance

Broomfield, CO (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSensible work hours compared to last job -- work 50 hrs week compared to 70. This is due to having more people supporting you with your tasks. Next, I value working with colleagues all over the globe. I'm home assigned which works great. Manager treats as adults in that no questions asked or bother if you're professionally competent do a good job. If you go above and beyond with your work you get raises and are supported by managment. Finally, Oracle knows how to monitize on products and sevices. This is a plus as I have not had to deal with constant layoffs like at my previous company.

ConsRaises amounts could be higher. The culture differs based on where you are at. California HQ is pretty dull, whereas the old Sun Microsystems campus in Colorado is much more interactive with brigher facilities and staff events.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs to start hiring young talent to serve as base for next generation or Oracle and to inject fresh modern ideas. Company needs to put more into culture and people with campus events and facilites with better teaming areas.

Oracle

Applications Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunities to advance, or transfer to offices all over… Cons: Processes that are Soul-destroyingly frustrating Advice to Senior Management: Buy SalesForce.com Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very good

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Employees are blessed with Excellent work life balance Cons: Too diversified, need to promote Oracle as a whole Advice to Senior Management: Too diversified, need to promote Oracle as a whole Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.