Oracle

www.oracle.com

Oracle Direct: Be Cautious and Look Before You Leap

Oracle Direct Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsThe benefits of working at Oracle are many: Great resume builder, outstanding training, and gaining exposure to a very solid product portfolio. The pay is pretty decent, as are the benefits. After spending a year there, you will have the opportunity to move on outside the company, but the chances of moving up internally are few and far in between.

ConsThe work environment is extremely intense and often turns reasonable people into jerks - yelling and intimidation is common at the end of each quarter. Many seasoned, experienced employees leave due to the unreasonable amount of stress that exists as a result of too many VP's who constantly try to justify their existence and create a contentious relationship with the field AND customers. The prevailing view is that it's OK to frustrate and anger a customer, so long as the revenue is delivered.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and ask yourself why there are so many VP's in OD? Why is the turnover so high? Why do you put ridiculous amounts of pressure on the first line managers? Why is HR constantly getting involved with this organization? If those questions are answered honestly, you are on the path to fixing the problems. Talk is cheap, but actions are not....

Terrible.

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: After being acquired from Iron Mountain the company was quickly… Cons: High pressure results driven culture without ingrained ethics common in… More

Good company to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Get exposure and access to upcoming technologies, trends. Has options… Cons: Not much flexibility offered to work form home or similar… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!