Orbital Sciences

www.orbital.com

Great Medium Sized Company

Intern (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ (US)

ProsOrbital is still a small enough company where a person see a component come to life from design, to test, to final vehicle integration. My hourly salary was pretty competitive, if not one of the better wages for mechanical engineering in great Phoenix area.

ConsYou live in Chandler.
Orbital hires the best and brightest, employees can be a little socially awkward. I felt a little isolated because I didn't really have much in common with the other interns who were hired.
Had feeling that many people at Orbital are what you would call 'straight-laced', not as many people going out for happy hours or social events after work.

Extremely rewarding and satisfying experience. Gained so much experience and training for my future.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Orbital Sciences as an intern for less than a year

Pros: It's a fast paced environment, always doing something new. The… Cons: Internship did not lead to full time job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wish I could have stayed longer

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Dulles, VA (US)

I worked at Orbital Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros: I worked with a lot of great people who were… Cons: My wife didn't want to live in Virginia, so I found… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Orbital Sciences.

Worked for Orbital Sciences? Contribute to the Community!