There are newer employer reviews for Orbital Sciences

Great Medium Sized Company

Current Employee - Intern in Chandler, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Intern in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Orbital Sciences as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Orbital is still a small enough company where a person see a component come to life from design, to test, to final vehicle integration. My hourly salary was pretty competitive, if not one of the better wages for mechanical engineering in great Phoenix area.

Cons

You live in Chandler.
Orbital hires the best and brightest, employees can be a little socially awkward. I felt a little isolated because I didn't really have much in common with the other interns who were hired.
Had feeling that many people at Orbital are what you would call 'straight-laced', not as many people going out for happy hours or social events after work.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Orbital Sciences (View Most Recent)

Wish I could have stayed longer

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dulles, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dulles, VA (US)

I worked at Orbital Sciences full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked with a lot of great people who were brilliant and friendly. The work was very interesting and challenging.

Cons

My wife didn't want to live in Virginia, so I found employment elsewhere. Outside of that, not too much bad to say.

First job, would be happy for it to be my last

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Dulles, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Dulles, VA (US)

I have been working at Orbital Sciences full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding employer for an entry level hire. Medium sized company with a small company feel provides young engineers exposure to a variety of job functions. Exciting work with high tech product. Opportunities to travel to international launch sites and foreign vendors.

Cons

Management is often reactive rather than proactive. Matrix organization with project management needs often conflicting with functional management resources - employees sometimes stuck between the two management groups with no clear direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbital Sciences