Terrible company - Just Say NO

Former Employee - Clinical Trial Specialist II
Former Employee - Clinical Trial Specialist II

I worked at PAREXEL full-time

Pros

None, it was a terrible experiment that I am sorry I tried. The company hired me to do one job, but from day one changed my manager and then demoted me to a lower level job I was way overqualified for. For your sanity, you should never work at Parexel. I am so happy I got away when I got a chance!

Cons

Everything. Antiquated clinical research processes, inadequate training, not using employees for the positions they were hired for, created hostile environment between teams and management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Private equity needs to buy this company and fix management.

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it was a good place to work. As all companies go through changes with management some bad ones come in, and they can not lead, manage, and think. That's the good part.

Cons

Management is out for themselves, and workers get screw. No promotions, this way they do not promise anything, and cannot deliver. Business model for workers stay three years, do not stay longer. If you stay to long in the same position they will dangle a carrot in from you. I would say you have better chance in jail.

Advice to Management

Wake up, and see how your line managers have treated current and past workers. For when the tied changes and the market is back on the employee side, managers are not going to be able to the work, because they are lazy.

2. Disorganized, Chaotic Organization

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is among the top in the industry.

Cons

Poor training. No support for the new hires. IT helpdesk takes a long time to respond to issue requests. Managers are not accessible, they are too busy with meeting and beeing out of office to help support the CRAs. Resourcing or project allocation is erratic. They will overload you with protocols and make you travel long dsitances (something that was not revealed at the interview!). Clinical Leads for the most part do not know how to manage projects effectively and use the company systems, which is sad.

Advice to Management

Listen to your CRAs on how you can improve to fight high tunrover. Don't forget who pays your salaries!