PCA

www.packagingcorp.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for PCA

Lives up to the mission statement "People, Customers, Trust"

Former Employee - Plant Accountant
Former Employee - Plant Accountant

I worked at PCA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture, treat employees as people, not numbers, from plant level to upper management. Opportunites for growth and continuing education. Great salaries and benefits, as to be expected from a Fortune 500 company. Also reward dedicated employees with generous annual bonuses.

Cons

Occasionly, some management can seem stuffy to someone not used to a Fortune 500 company environment.

Keep doing what you're doing! You have a true focus on your employees, which is rare to find in today's corporate america.

31 Other Employee Reviews for PCA (View Most Recent)

Great Company

I have been working at PCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful manager, great co-workers, very little drama, no micro-managing, excellent benefits. Some departments/managers have more drama than others, and I am lucky to work in a department that doesn't have to deal with much of the corporate b.s.

Cons

Computer programs need to be updated, but work ok for what they are. Days are nose-to-the-grindstone busy, but over time is rare.

Really research your location

Current Employee - Sales in Ilorin, Kwara (Nigeria)
    Current Employee - Sales in Ilorin, Kwara (Nigeria)

I have been working at PCA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PCA is solid financially and they seem to care at the corporate level, I think anyway.

Cons

The management office and plant treat sales people like they are not part of the team. No help from mangement and the plants compete against each other. No team work.

Be honest take time to talk to your people. I believed in PCA only to find it wasn't anything like they told me it was. I think corporate should be more involved at the plant level. They do an employee survey every year, I wouldn never put down what I really think, they say it's confidential but, if you look at the questions, they can figure out who is who.

There are newer employer reviews for PCA