Pretty good company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI (US)
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI (US)

I worked at PSS World Medical

Pros

Good spiffs and contest awards are motivating job satisfaction all depends on sales leader. some are more cut throat than others. Company initiatives are pretty clear

Cons

Benefits are bad. Its like you're an independent rep. You pay for your own gas (no mileage reimbursement), no expense account. Its an expensive job to run.

Advice to Management

Improve benes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. This is a company that looks at its employees as a number and not a person

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I worked at PSS World Medical

Pros

made good money (100% commission) good benefits

Cons

Upper management is horrible poor communication within company not family friendly

Advice to Management

stay where you are.

2. Employer of Choice ?

I have been working at PSS World Medical

Pros

PSS has good market share and is a solvent and stable corp. There is a small amount of turnover in general.

Cons

although there is a small amount of turnover and the company is constantly performing well employees are made to feel like thier jobs are constantly in jeapordy. They run programs to "save 300 jobs" with the emplyees and then tell the investors we are spot on. Typical hypocritical corprate stuff. they like to tell you they care about you and thats why they want you to save them money.

Advice to Management

dont become too big to be agile. Our ability to adapt and overcome situations makes us the distributer of choice. When we limit our selves by installing things like roadnet. we cannot service the customer in certain situations without penalizing the drivers. Touting it as the system ups usses does not hold much water since UPS used it decided it diddnt work and got rid of it at a loss. Shop PSS select items better for quality. Customer satisfaction is at stake.