There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Capital Bancorp

Fair treatment, but no budget for employee appreciation.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

Management tries to match your interests and abilities when assigning work. There is rarely confusion about what is expected. There is lengthy documentation for everything.

Cons

Hinting at promotions is a frequent tactic for soothing and mollifying restless employees, but these promotions do not materialize.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not Getting any better!

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

long term dedicated employees, friendly co-workers

Cons

lack of communication, fairness and equity issues, no clear roadmap of the future

Advice to Management

Communicate, value employee growth with opportunties for upper management. don't forget the long term employees that have been with the company thru thick and thin and helped the ford group aquire the bank, they shouldn't be part of the purchase discount pool, but a values asset. remove the dead weight that sits in management.

2. Treatment of employees needs to change

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

Great location to work, pretty much the only big local company in town. Get some good banking discounts if you make PCBC your bank.

Cons

If you're not SVP's you're paid very poorly. The only people that stay at the bank are those that can't leave SB or won't be able to find a job elsewhere, anyone that's able to leave will eventually leave. HR does NOT like to promote from within. If you are promoted from within to a different position, they won't pay you the same as people they hire from the outside. Manager are embarrassed of salaries HR offers. Benefits are no good.

Advice to Management

Now that Ford is in charge I hope to see things changing. Many managers were only hired b/c they were friends of upper management and I hope that they are weeded out. Employees are unhappy, if you don't change things you will lose all your good people.