Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Lost in a Sea of Management Demands

Labor Relations and Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for less than a year

ProsTelecommuting; salaries are good for starers or those without a degree - not so good if you are already high in the pay scale and coming in; benefits are better than some private sector, pension plan. If you are focused - good work/life balance.

ConsManagers and up are jumping around with demands out of fear - not a good mid-management set up. The demands shift all over the place and take up too much of the day. Generally weak middle management. Low-balling the salaries for new hires and managers. Hard to hear you came in at top step when you didn't. Work is too focused on meeting odd measures of productivity - all for the bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the metrics of bonus measurements - ie: injury reporting and numeric scales that only measure a small aspect of work that employees really have no control over. The daily work gets driven by these poor scales. Pay well from the start. Too insular and averse to new ideas.

Big Quasi-Governmental Organizations are Big.

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent Benefits, Ability to advance, Career oriented. Cons: Very slow moving, tons of bureaucracy, difficult to effect change… Advice to Senior Management: Excitement and morale building efforts over very high level achievements are not effective for ground level workers. Additionally, quite a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

California classic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros: Employees have a sense of mission, dedication to serving the customer base. The fundamentals of the company are… Cons: Regulatory structure inhibits innovation, raises costs, but that is par for the course with regulated companies. Perhaps a bigger problem is that the company… Advice to Senior Management: Keep working to integrate outside perspectives and experiences. Congrats… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.