Paychex

www.paychex.com
  www.paychex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Horrible- we called it PayHell if that's any indication

Current Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Irving, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You could move up in pay somewhat quickly. The people that I met were GREAT, I made some lifelong friends.

Cons

Very stressful most people that worked there had about 100 clients and would also have to answer calls in the queue. They would go back on their word when it came to promotions, I knew people that were promoted and made less in that position than people that were hired off the street because apparently there is a rule that no one is allowed more than a dollar increase. So going from Data Entry where the pay was $11 people were only allowed to go to $12 when outsiders that were hired made $13 to $14. Most people I knew were on anti-anxiety medication that was prescribed to them after working at PayChex.

Hire more people so that there is not such a high client to rep ratio. That would help with morale with the reps on the Major Market Services side.

677 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Great people. Nice work environment

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Paychex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and hours. Supervisors are very understanding and helpful. Fun events. Gret workplace environment. Culture is to give the client what they need.

Cons

The initial training is subpar. Pay is below average. Products seem to always be rushed out the door before they are ready.

Wait to put the products out the door. Invest in more education and realistic training to the employees who support the products. Once they know the products, put it out so they are able to truly help the clients.

More workers than work

Current Employee - Contract Test Engineer in Webster, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Contract Test Engineer in Webster, NY (US)

I have been working at Paychex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Stable employment, even for contractors. Pay is comparable with other contract Test Engineer positions in Rochester. Paychex is a growing company and not likely to fold up any time soon.

Cons

Work can be rather boring, and there tends to be a lack of work. You still get a 40 hour week, but the day tends to go slow when there's little to no work to do. Testing environments are either too complex, or there's not enough of them; they tend to be down a lot.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex