Paychex

www.paychex.com
  www.paychex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Great company to work for and grow with.

Former Employee - Major Market Sales in Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Major Market Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Paychex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere and they foster growth. Great compensation plan for a true salesperson. A lot of people build a career and stay a long time with the company.

Cons

One of the lowest base salaries in the industry. Not always the best managers- so a person MUST be self-motivated.

Keep a close eye on your mid-level managers. They tend to get stagnant.

689 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

If You're Not Sales, Forget This Place!

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generous time off and ok benefits. If you have a nice office manager you'll also enjoy internal awards i.e gift cards, lunches, and recognition for your work.

Cons

Low pay and LOT'S of work. Yes, they will upsell you in the interview thinking that there is ample opportunity for advancement but if you're not in sales FORGET about it! You will be the work horse with little pay and always trying to convince your clients that you can do everything sales has promised...and trust me they will sale them everything including the moon if they can get a commission off of it. Things change very quickly but with little or no thought as to why which starts the cycle of change over and over again with no improvement in work processes just confusion among clients. Without change there is no progress but if you're also going to continue to change things it would be nice if management better communicated this information.

Hire better management in each branch! You have managers who don't recognize employees for a job well done, terrible communicators, don't encourage or guide employees in career advancement, AND increase pay!!

It's also not right that payroll specialist do all the work but sales reps get sent to Hawaii or the Bahamas for meeting sales quota yet the semi-annual bonuses are low for Operations. Increase the bonus pay thats paid semi-annual...its very discouraging to work your butt off everyday and get $400 bucks (split twice a year) for bonuses.

13 years later... a sales career at Paychex was the best decision I ever made

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Paychex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love selling for Paychex! Our management team "gets it". They provide the right leadership and tools to get the job done. Our compensation package is phenomenal and I feel like I am well rewarded for the efforts I put in. We use cutting edge technology that increases our productivity in the field. Our leadership team provide us with simple, daily expectations and turnkey programs that guarantee results. The majority of our business is earned through referral relationships which is incredibly rewarding, yet we are "new business" driven, which feeds my competitive nature for finding sales. Paychex and my co-workers have become like family - our leadership, even our VP and CEO are very approachable. I have had countless obstacles removed throughout my career to help me succeed.

Cons

The only downside to Paychex I feel is an upside - January selling season! Many businesses change how they do payroll in January, so we put in long hours through December and January to make the biggest commission checks of our careers. If you can handle the hard work, you can earn commissions in January on average $15,000 - $20,000 in one month! Well worth the sacrifices if you ask me!

Our management team is doing an excellent job! My only request would be to continue to create MORE opportunities to sell. More products, more relationships, more presence. We aren't struggling in these areas at all, but there is always more to accomplish.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex