There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Reliable employment, fair salary

Current Employee - IT Support  in  Webster, NY (US)
Current Employee - IT Support in Webster, NY (US)

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid company that rarely if ever lays off employees, and continues to stay stable if not grow. Company has no debt, so they look to remain solid for many years to come.

Cons

Atmosphere can be tense, with agressive deadlines and constant changes due to tax laws, etc. Little encouragement for employees to mingle outside of work time.

Engage in more team-building and/or group gatherings to promote cooperation between groups.

626 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for and grow with.

Former Employee - Major Market Sales  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Major Market Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere and they foster growth. Great compensation plan for a true salesperson. A lot of people build a career and stay a long time with the company.

Cons

One of the lowest base salaries in the industry. Not always the best managers- so a person MUST be self-motivated.

Keep a close eye on your mid-level managers. They tend to get stagnant.

13 years later... a sales career at Paychex was the best decision I ever made

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Paychex full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love selling for Paychex! Our management team "gets it". They provide the right leadership and tools to get the job done. Our compensation package is phenomenal and I feel like I am well rewarded for the efforts I put in. We use cutting edge technology that increases our productivity in the field. Our leadership team provide us with simple, daily expectations and turnkey programs that guarantee results. The majority of our business is earned through referral relationships which is incredibly rewarding, yet we are "new business" driven, which feeds my competitive nature for finding sales. Paychex and my co-workers have become like family - our leadership, even our VP and CEO are very approachable. I have had countless obstacles removed throughout my career to help me succeed.

Cons

The only downside to Paychex I feel is an upside - January selling season! Many businesses change how they do payroll in January, so we put in long hours through December and January to make the biggest commission checks of our careers. If you can handle the hard work, you can earn commissions in January on average $15,000 - $20,000 in one month! Well worth the sacrifices if you ask me!

Our management team is doing an excellent job! My only request would be to continue to create MORE opportunities to sell. More products, more relationships, more presence. We aren't struggling in these areas at all, but there is always more to accomplish.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!