Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Amazing position that provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to launch or elevate your career!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Let me start out by saying this position exceeded every single one of my expectations!
- Great atmosphere in the Denver office. All your colleagues are young outstanding professionals who work hard and play hard. You're never short on people to turn to or learn from and every member of the team is committed to your success. They're also great at making you laugh and helping you unwind during those tough days.
- The Denver office has arguably the best manager in the company. He's very much committed to your success and ANYTHING he can do to help you out he will. Very easy to talk to and I don't think he ever got mad when our office made mistakes, instead he works with you to turn mistakes into great learning moments. He was also very quick to ride along with you and provide a ton of support on tough accounts. Its rare you find people like him and he was a huge positive factor in my decision to work for Paycom.
- Extremely high compensation: $50K base plus uncapped commissions. I know every sales positions says "high earning potential", but at Paycom there's nothing fishy about it and I would say expect to make somewhere in the area of $65K-$75K your first year.
- Tons of huge accounts in your territory, these usually equate to commission checks of $10,000 or more! Imagine paying off your credit cards, car payments, and student loans in one commission check.
- Great opportunity to build excellent business acumen and overall business knowledge. You meet a ton of great C-level executives and business owners who really rub off on you.
- Excellent on going training and support.
- You get to manage your own business, territory, and time. Other than a two schedule phone canvassing times and a few trainings you get to plan your day.

Cons

- Job can really become stressful when you have more "to do" items than hours in the day. Most of the "to do" items are time sensitive and really require your immediate attention and this can cause your activity to slip.
- The stress of work tends to follow you home on evenings and weekends. But this is common of most highly compensated positions.
- Very little vacation time off your first year. The first year on the job is tough and becomes even harder when you have very little time off and really need a mental break.
- I didn't have this issue, but some territories can be far which can put extra wear and tear on your car.

- Continue to: create excitement through incentives and contests!
- Continue to: reach out to reps during breaks and off hours to check on stress levels, accounts, and motivate reps through tough times.
- Continue to: have managers ride along with reps and get in the trenches with reps! This was my favorite part and was a huge lift during the tough days.
- Start: to really work with reps on ways to deal with "burned" prospects.
- Stop: Threatening reps with write ups, pay cuts, and demotions. The job is very stressful and becomes even more stressful when faced with these looming threats. I would say to only resort to these options as an extreme last resort.

157 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Lots of work, but I'm really enoying it.

Current Employee - Paycom Sales in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Paycom Sales in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Rewarding
    -You are in charge of most of your schedule, you must be a self starter
    -Great Pay
    -Everyone wants you to succeed
    -The harder you work the better you get at it
    -I am exhausted, but it feels so worth it

Cons

-Lots of hours.
    -It's harder when you first start. You have to get through it and believe that your work will pay off
    -Less free time. You have to manage time well

Well worth the effort

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Contol own destiny and control your own finiancial future. This job takes effort but if you commit to the trainings and truly believe in yourself, the product and the company you will be years ahead of your counter parts professionally and financially.

Cons

You have to be a self motivator and be able to juggle many functions all at once. Organization is a key to success and if you struggle with this then this might not be the job for you.

Continue to grow and the company through employees already on staff

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom