There are newer employer reviews for Peace Corps

Great place to intern

I worked at Peace Corps

Pros

Interned with a fun, young team. Friendly environment and great location. Work with a lot of returned Peace Corps volunteers so everyone has stories to share.

Cons

Day-to-day tasks for interns tended to be repetitive. Would have been nice to work on larger projects. Although not a problem for interns, the turnover rate is high due to office policy so don't expect to stay for the long-term.

reviews filtered by
  1. It truly is the toughest job you'll ever love.

Former Employee - Volunteer in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Volunteer in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learn a new language, live in a new culture, be challenged to solve problems in ways you never expected. Service in a small village in southern Mali, but Glassdoor doesn't even have Bamako as an option for location.

Cons

It can be lonely. There will be challenges: communication, plumbing, and transportation come to mind.

2. Mexico is a step away from Paradise

Current Employee - Strategy and Finance Advisor in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

I have been working at Peace Corps full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with professionals
    Always something to do to help
    Fun people and pretty girls
    Good food and other activities always coming along

Cons

Having to be all spiffy when the front office arrives; really not a bad thing but need to get two twenty words.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the way: do not think for it will weaken the team. Send all the bullies packing straight away.

There are newer employer reviews for Peace Corps